Wednesday, April 26, 2023
From the Desk of: Robin Wakeham, Physical Therapist
"Red flags" for back pain are signs and symptoms that may indicate a serious underlying condition or require urgent medical attention. Some common red flags for back pain include:
1. Loss of bowel or bladder control: This can indicate cauda equina syndrome, a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention.
2. Weakness, numbness, or tingling in one or both legs: This can indicate nerve damage or compression and may require urgent medical attention.
3. Severe or worsening pain that does not improve with rest: This can indicate a serious underlying condition and should be evaluated by a healthcare professional.
4. Pain that is worse at night or accompanied by night sweats or unexplained weight loss: This can indicate a potential cancerous condition or infection and should be evaluated by a healthcare professional.
5. A history of cancer or recent infection: This can increase the risk of serious underlying conditions and may warrant further evaluation.
6. Unexplained fever or other signs of infection: This can indicate a serious infection that may require medical attention.
7. Trauma or injury to the back: This can indicate a potential fracture or other serious underlying condition and should be evaluated by a healthcare professional.
If you are experiencing any of these red flags or other concerning symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention immediately to determine the underlying cause and receive appropriate treatment.
P.S.- Don't forget you're just one step away from relieving your back pain...
Physical Therapist &
Back Pain Expert
My mission is to help back pain sufferers just like you go from feeling pain 24/7. To regain control of your life again by relieving or fixing your pain problem permanently (No Experience Required!)
Click The Button Below And Give Me Your Best Email Address To Download the (FREE) Back Pain Routine.